Aircraft / Flight Gear Paint Schemes

Paint Schemes

12 replies to this topic

#1 CPDutyOfficer

Combat Pilot Duty Officer

• Administrators
  • 493 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

Doesn’t do much good to have a great looking jet, flight suit or helmet and not be able to show it off, that is why every aircraft type, markings and flight gear are loaded for every member to have. If out of 100,000 members there is one member flying a German F-4; we all have it and can see it in all of its glory!! C.P,D.O.

#2 Woogey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Squadron:"VMA 214 Black Sheep"
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

I love this idea, How it will be implemented however, I am very curious to see. The big question I have is, in a squadron of say 10-12 jets, will we all have to fly the same nose number in order to save on hard drive space? Or is this something that will be stored on Combat pilot servers, so that when you log in, only one person can be in that one jet? I remember reading that a jet will stay parked where you leave it, so this must be the case? How then can I fly these jets "offline?" Will it be possible to have my name on a jet? I can't wait to get the answers, and start playing! -Woog

#3 Revelation

AWACS

• AWACS
  • 248 posts
  • Callsign:Revelation
  • Squadron:"VFA 25 Fist of the Fleet"
  • LocationVA

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

They very well could have it setup where the nose/tail number is independent of the base skin.

#4 CPDutyOfficer

Combat Pilot Duty Officer

• Administrators
  • 493 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

Hi Woogey from the begining it was a driving concern to make sure we could see not only aircraft paint schemes but also the flight gear of each pilot. So the pilot image you see in base operations is what you see in his or her jet. Now, out the door with this first cut, every squadron will have a specific paint scheme - minus numbers or names, but that will come! As for flying off line; all of the aircraft and paint schemes that we provide in FTO including Fighter Lead-In and later CTO are yours to fly off line in FSX. All other aircraft and there will be many to chose from, may only be flown within Combat Pilot, keeping in mind you may free fly with combat pilot in a sim or even with the community. Doing this lets us keep the cost to you very low and allows us to add weapons, ejections, training hops, bases of operations, our ATC and kneeboard information plus paint schemes and much more to each third party developer';s aircraft that is integrated into C.P. Hope this helps a little. C.P.D.O.

#5 Mutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Squadron:"VMFA 323 Death Rattlers"
  • LocationLSMM, Switzerland

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:55 AM

Hi Gents
Sounds really promising, will be tought like real :-)
Just one question, I have not grasp the story wiht the planes. is it possible to use FSX planes or do you have to buys the acft one more time for CP?
Just curious.
However, I wish you all the luck yu need for your development.
Cheers Mutz

"Come to fight, come to win"

#6 2Dog

AWACS

• AWACS
  • 165 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:07 AM

Hi Mutz and welcome!

You won't be able to use any FSX planes you already have.

When you start Flight Training Operations your given a CP-T-6B Texan and assigned to NAS Whiting Field where you'll do Primary Flight Training.

On successful completion of Primary Flight Training you move on to Advance Flight Training in a jet, either a CP-T-45C Goshawk or CP-T-38C Talon, depending on the career path you selected.

The three aircraft I've mentioned above are included in your initial sign up fee when you start your training.

There will also be an option to buy aircraft during your CP career but you don't have to if you don't want to.
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go
Always a little further: it may be
Beyond the last blue mountain barred with snow,
Across that angry or that glimmering sea

#7 Mutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationLSMM, Switzerland

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:47 AM

ok thanks for the quick answer, I guess I got now the concept.
Just looking for Squad who is patiend with a noob like me :-)
Cheers Mutz

"Come to fight, come to win"

#8 Redhaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:01 AM

When you buy this plane from CP, can you use it in default FSX?
Pete

#9 2Dog

AWACS

• AWACS
  • 165 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:10 AM

Any plane you buy from a third party developer in game can only be used in game, but the planes CP gives you for free can be flown with the default FSX.

#10 RUNE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Squadron:"VF 111 Sun Downers"
  • LocationPuget Sound

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

I Have to ask, since the the CP-F/A-18C/D will be a in house developed "Free" Aircraft this must mean I can Fly it in FSX as well acording to the above statement? Or is it just the initial $50 purchased training aircraft that are usable in FSX, due to the fact that they are weaponless? I Think I just answered my own question. Oh by the way, Hello fellow pilots. I am Rune, and I will be Flying CAP missions for the Sundowners hopefully!

#11 Wildman

SpamKiller

• Administrators
  • 313 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:21 PM

Rune - I'll leave the questions to those more capable of delivering official answers. Welcome to the community. Hopefully you can keep our boat safe, as well as other assets.
Semper Fi

Wildman out

#12 2Dog

AWACS

• AWACS
  • 165 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

Rune, yeah, I think it's just the initial three a/c (T-6, T-45 and T-38) that you can use with the stand alone FSX for this upcoming release. From what I understand the F/A 18 would be part of the Combat Training Operations (CTO) release so I'm not sure if it would work with a stand alone FSX.

[EDIT]
Just noticed what the CPDO said above - 'all of the aircraft and paint schemes that we provide in FTO including Fighter Lead-In and later CTO are yours to fly off line in FSX' so it looks like the F/A 18 will be available for stand alone FSX.

#13 Stumpwiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLutherville MD USA

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:54 AM

View PostRUNE, on 29 September 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

Oh by the way, Hello fellow pilots. I am Rune, and I will be Flying CAP missions for the Sundowners hopefully!

Rune, Omar caught my eye immediately. I'm thinking you might have some Sundowner connection in real life, because otherwise how would you know? I've already joined; see you on the flight line.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

///  Join our Newsletter and Register your unique Callsign Today!

©2012 Combat Pilot All rights reserved.

///  Combatpilotseries.com

///  Store

///  Be Social

///  Language

English (US/Canada)